A Writer's Life Coach
Welcome, and thank you for visiting my website today! I look forward to learning more about you and your goals for writing and your life.
I'm passionate about the power of life coaching. Please read on to learn more about me and my work.
In the past few years, I've met lots of people who want to write more, learn an instrument, send work out for publication, or simply feel more grounded, focused and productive.
I became a coach to help others "seize the day"—to help them clarify their goals and get into action. Surviving Hodgkin's lymphoma twice in my twenties dramatically changed how I think about time. My friends tell me that I routinely squeeze more life out of a day than they thought possible! I tend to agree.
As a coaching partner, I am clear, direct and kind. I often inspire people to develop a new sense of possibility and agency in their lives. I am a fierce advocate for clients' goals and intentions.
On a personal level, I "walk-my-talk," and work on a daily basis at cultivating clarity, balance and compassion in my own life. I draw on fifteen years of personal development work and meditation practice to help coaching clients write with ease, creativity and balance.
My coaching springs from a diverse professional background as a writer, artist, entrepreneur, and educator.
- wrote PR, technical proposals, marketing copy and grants in education, private sector and non-profit settings
- hosted daily drive-time classical music program as a principal on-air personality (NPR member-station WMRA-FM)
- published, performed and recorded poetry and music
- founded and sold a music school for children
- taught at-risk high schoolers in one-on-one setting
My education and credentials include the following:
- M.F.A., creative writing, George Mason University
- B.S., economics, James Madison University
- Certified Coach, Coach Training Alliance
- member, North Bay Coaches, International Association of Coaches, International Coach Federation
Life coaching with me can help you create time and focus for your writing. Learn more...
The Relaxed Writer
FREE e-mail newsletter
Powerful tips to help
you write–and live–with ease, creativity and balance.